Saturday, December 15, 2012

BloodRayne control with gamepad

I bought BloodRayne from GOG.com and tried to play using gamepad, not mouse/keyboard. Some people discuss about using gamepad for this game as follows but no one seems solved it.

Gamepad suggestions please? - BloodRayne - Forum - - GOG.com
http://www.gog.com/forum/bloodrayne/gamepad_suggestions_please/page1

gamepad too sensitive - BloodRayne - Forum - - GOG.com
http://www.gog.com/forum/bloodrayne/gamepad_too_sensitive

I found my solution and want to share.

PROBLEM: I tried to use XBOX360 controller at first. But there was two problems below.

  1. You can't assign turn left/right to right analog stick. I guess the game assigns them to LR triggers.
  2. The protagonist keeps walking slowly even if you don’t touch the controller. You can't stay. It might be controller sensitivity problem (I guess it isn't)

SOLUTION: Use PS3 controller and MotioninJoy. You may use wireless while I connect it as USB controller.

CONFIGURATION:

Configure MotioninJoy and BloodRayne game as follows:

MotioninJoy

  • Select “Xinput-Default”
  • Assign “Right stick X+” to “Right Trigger”
  • Assign “Right stick X-“ to “Left Trigger”
  • Assign L2 to None
  • Assign R2 to None

See the image below for better explanation.

image

Bloodrayne

  • Assign “Move forward/back” to Axis 2
  • Assign “Strafe left/right” to Axis 1
  • Assign “Turn left/right” to Axis 3
  • Assign “Look up/down” to Axis 4
  • Assign other buttons as you like

See the image below for better explanation.

image 
   
NOTES: I hope I could assign PS button to ESC key. It was perfect if I could. But it was impossible. Even if using JoyToKey, you can't assign anything to PS button because DirectInput doesn't assign anything to the button.
At the first time, PS3 controller also had the second problem(you can't stay). But it's gone somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment